“The Yellowhawk Cottage” is designed with a casual, comfortable, and contemporary flare: Peppers Bridge B & B accommodation features a 500 square foot private Guest Cottage suite with sliding glass doors to a private wooden deck (575 sq.ft.) overlooking Yellowhawk Creek, lounge and outdoor dining furniture as well as mood lighting for reflective evenings over background melodies of the babbling creek. Located in the heart of wine country, with panoramic vineyard and mountain views, this B & B is a real accommodation catch! The QUEEN size memory foam mattress bed is a Murphy style, creating charming living room space for optional daytime use.
The Cottage suite is a stand-alone unit on the same property as the owners (40′ away). It comfortably accommodates THREE guests, but is perfect for TWO. A half acre of lawn space is available for guest use – outdoor games, lounging, or fire pit access. Guests’ privacy is of utmost importance to the owners. The outdoor front entrance Bistro set is perfect for soaking in early morning sunrise or evening sunsets.
Continental breakfast, a-la-carte offerings, or full hot breakfasts along with beverages are delivered to your door at requested times to be enjoyed at at the indoor breakfast bar, or dining table, or out on the deck (weather permitting). The suite also features a gas-ignited wood burning fireplace, a equipped mini-kitchen for guest use, as well as Sofa/Sleeper which opens to a full/double bed size for additional guest(s), with a comfy 4″ Memory foam topper. This SECOND BED will be set up prior to arrival with advance notification by phone or email. The private, three piece bathroom (shower) is equipped with a hair dryer, toiletries, hooks, and shelving for personal items.
CYCLIST’S PARADISE: Bicycle to the surrounding wineries on our complimentary bicycles: many wineries will deliver your selections to the suite before departure day. The south-side winery loop is approximately 14 miles, but 6 different routes range from 16 to 50 miles. Bicycle Maps available in the suite or email Cindy for online information.
The Yellowhawk Cottage is decorated with artifacts from the hosts’ world travels (Africa, China, Japan, Indonesia, South America…) along with a sampling of reading materials and Walla Walla activities/events brochures to peruse. Accommodations are available for special occasion celebrations—inquires should be made at booking or check-in time. Check-in is between 4:00 pm-6:00 pm (Please notify proprietors regarding early or late arrival.) Check-out is at noon, unless pre-arranged. Other perks include:
- Mini-Kitchen (electric stove-top burners; refrigerator, microwave, cupboards, hot water kettle; wine glasses; openers, dinnerware for four; cookware). NEW! In suite Igloo Ice maker for unlimited cubes for chilling beverages
- Keurig Coffeemaker and supplies (ample coffee and tea)
- Breakfast Bar with seating for 4; Dinette with 2 chairs
- Front entrance Bistro Patio Set
- Private on-grounds, parking pad, walkway
- Guest coded security lock system
- Wireless Internet access (Wi-Fi) Recently enhanced!
- Entertainment center: 32” LCD TV Monitor (AIR TV-local channels); Sony Internet Audio & Video Blu-ray Disc/DVD player – w built -in Wireless LAN- for NetFlix… and enhance Speaker system; Docking Station for MP3 player)
- FOUR Complimentary Bicycles: 7 Speed Cruiser style “His” & “Hers” Bicycles (3 Cruisers & 1 Standard Model) — Bring own helmets!:)
- Complimentary Robes
- Air-conditioning (able to conquer those 100 degree summers) ; Ceiling Fan
- Large entrance closet; full length mirror
- Steam Iron and mini-ironing board in Suite; full size available upon request
- Laundry: Guests are welcome to access washer/dryer in main house
- House manual with instructions for all equipment available for guests
- A sampling of community maps, visitor guides, museums, winery events, WW valley Marquee entertainment guide, restaurants, art/theater are in the suite for guest use.
- Safety! Guest coded security lock system, smoke & CO detectors, and fire extinguisher.
(Non-Smoking facility | No Pet accommodations at this time
Although not permitted indoors, smoking outdoors is fine.
Note RE Pets/Animals: Owners have a medley of “rescue animals”: birds, Nigerian Dwarf goat, and small cat. In addition, located on this one acre lot are a few chickens and ducks on a corner piece of the property – opposite and away from the Cottage B & B. However, since the creek flows along the north boundary, the ducks will swim on the Yellowhawk from Peppers Bridge to Old Milton Bridge, occasionally wandering across the front lawn to return to the water. (This is the main reason we have a no pet policy at this point.)
Note RE Roadways and Growing Tourism: Old Milton Highway is experiencing increased traffic due to the area’s growing housing development and Tourist Industry–especially the wineries–which is beyond owner control. Fortunately, traffic is random and only during certain events and/or time of the day during peak tourism. Since most wineries now grow alfalfa in addition to grapes, the occasion tractor or combine during harvest sessions can add to the ambiance as well as south-side activity.